Six:Eight Community Church in Ardmore, PA
134 Sibley Ave
Ardmore, PA 19003
241 E. Lancaster Ave
Wynnewood, PA 19096
Feel free to contact any of the people listed below with your questions concerning Six:Eight as a church. All of us would love to answer those questions and help you assimilate into our church community, if that is where God is leading you. We are excited to hear from you!
- Jason would list his accomplishments as husband (to his beautiful wife, Kim), father (to four great kids), pastor & artist. In that order. His kids affectionately call him Jefe’, and he would rather his dred-locks be referred to as his ‘mane’ (Okay, Jason, that’s a bit much!). His journey has included art school, seminary, birthing and owning a live music café/art gallery on the Mainline (the Pourhouse Cafe for all you that would remember), to nine years in Indonesia, where three of his children were born. Now he is blessed to be back in the Philadelphia area, where he spearheaded Six:Eight which serves this local community. Jason hopes that if Tom Waits is not in heaven, God will have his music piped in.
- Lindley grew up in northern Delaware, the backyard of Philly! She’s moved around a lot with work, school, and traveling yet is happy to have settled down and made a home in Ardmore with her hubby Mike (or as she affectionately calls him “Mikey T”). Church life and ministry has been a life-long joy of hers. She is passionate about helping others connect to God in a relatable, intimate way. Outside of office life, she can be found cooking, hanging out with friends, walking the Haverford College trail with Mike, or out and about in Ardmore. Lindley is a licensed mental health counselor and works as such in her second job. And many of those skills come into play with Six:Eight in training, discipleship, and just overall coordination. We are blessed to have her on board! Email Lindley, or talk to her on Sundays, to learn how to get connected at 6:8.
- Stef found her way from Germany to the Philadelphia area initially by way of Temple University. While in the city, she first started to see and understand the power of community—people loving people and serving not only their own needs, but those of others around them. She now works in the local conference and events industry and especially enjoys assisting non-profit meeting planners with their programs. At Six:Eight, Stef is connecting us with the Ardmore/Havertown community so that we can continuously explore ways to partner with and support our neighbors, local initiatives and other organizations. Don’t give her lots of money or she may quit her job, move and buy an abandoned building in the city to turn it into affordable housing with community support services. In the meantime, though, she is excited for the months and years ahead right here in Ardmore and looks forward to discovering what God has in store for us as we build relationships and take on issues of mercy and justice in practical ways.
- Joe is a newcomer to the Philly area and an aspiring minister/community developer. He hails proudly from the Deep South - Alabama to be exact - and is trying desperately to hang on to his sweet Southern accent. Joe is married to Cassie, an elementary teacher, and is pursuing a Masters of Divinity from Palmer Seminary and a MA in International Development from Eastern University. In his younger days, Joe worked as a code monkey developing smartphone apps. This year he'll be getting his feet wet in the world of local church life and ministry as our intern. When you see him, just say "WAR EAGLE!" and he'll love you forever.
- Kim comes from a long line of teachers, therefore, her accomplishments are kid centered. She is a trained teacher herself, which has led her to a few schools in the Philadelphia region, including inner-city work. All that changed as she & Jason moved to Indonesia in the late 90’s to do church planting. She began homeschooling her own 4 children out of necessity there. Something she quickly grew to love, and continued as they returned home in 2005. Kim’s passions are (outside of Jason of course) her kids, gardening, sunshine, and to fully integrate children into Body life. She sees them as an integral and valid part of our community. Kudos to Kim!
Chris & Abby Nixon
Worship Arts Coordinators
- Chris and Abby are transplants from Florida, moving from Jacksonville to Philly for artistic purposes. Chris is an oil-painter and Abby is a performing violinist and teacher and they both enjoy working on creative projects together, both musically and artistically. They have spent many years involved in the music ministry of their local Vineyard Churches and believe in the value of community-driven worship. When they are not leading worship at SixEight, and working like maniacs they can be found drinking coffee and watching Sci-Fi while listening to New Wave bands from the 80's. Abby enjoys making vegetarian dishes and Chris enjoys adding meat to them, so they make a good team!
If you are interested in learning more about how to get involved with worship at SixEight, they are always looking for new additions to the team and would love to give you more information: please email them at Worship@SixEight.org